Success is all about the joy you feel.
It’s not about time or money. It’s what you do with it.
Work harder on yourself that you do on anything else in life.
Wow. So simple and powerful. Last month, in gorgeous San Diego, CA, I was reminded of these awesome concepts at the Celebration – Strength in Momentum conference with 10,000 of my closest Isagenix colleagues. To say it way a powerful experience is like saying we need water to drink and air to breathe in order to survive.
“Work harder on myself than I do on anything else in my life.” The whole idea is deliciously attractive and while I understand the words and feel the significance, but it seems so absurd. How in the world do I implement such a awesome idea and what do I do when I get stuck? And the grandmama of them all… How can I work hard on myself and still maintain, er, ‘balance’ in everything else in my life? Is it an all or nothing deal?
Well, what I’ve come to realize and chose to accept is that working on myself and aligning everything else in my life is not mutually exclusive. Working on and taking care of everything that is me is one in the same.
What I’m committed to doing for the next 90 days is to take greater care of myself than I ever have before. What this means and how I plan to achieve it is this…
- Take naps when I need them w/o feeling guilty I’m missing an opportunity or disappointing someone.
- Go grocery shopping twice a week and prepare our food so that we have 4-5 home cooked dinners each week.
- Let go of fear, shame, and regret from letting someone down or looking stupid
- Get gears rolling for Ironman Racine 70.3 and Ironman Wisconsin 140.6. Lauren Jensen… I’m so glad we talked!
- Share my time, knowledge and love like I’ve never shared before.
- Ask for help from friends, colleagues, family, strangers and God, especially when I’m beyond the tipping point.
- Give myself 15 EXTRA minutes for appointments and double the time I have been using to prepare for events, appointments, meetings, and gatherings. (Which, let’s be honest, has been extremely challenging because I make it so. Ha!)
- Continue to hone my vision for Isa-Team Fearless, Fearless Nutrition, and my life by closing my eyes and feeling, tasting, touching, hearing and smelling what truly EXCITES me.
- Play with my “kids”, make a snack, vacuum, eat peanut butter and chocolate frozen custard, garden, call a friend, hold hands with my husband, read People Magazine, do laundry, journal, mow the grass, bake cookies, make jewelry, listen to music, make a protein shake and go for a walk when my spirit needs a break, my head is hurting, and/or my body is fatigued.
What I was reminded of this week, after talking to countless people JUST LIKE ME who live lives of wealth, freedom, peace, and joy, was that my life isn’t an ‘All or Nothing’ deal. It’s about choices… body, mind and spirit. I feel recharged with the power of choice. Neverending movement and perpetual thinking is exhausting. Rest and stillness is priceless. I am committed to stepping back once, then leaping forward twice. Go. Stop. Rest. Repeat. That’s my plan for the next 90 days.
What’s on your agenda for the next 90 days?
Hugs, Coach Amy